The nominations have closed and the voting for your favourite UK Political Blogpost of 2009 is open. There were 5 nominations for posts in 2009 and here they are so that you can go have a read in case you missed them when they were first published.
1. A short and snappy piece from DJ entitled US Rocket Hits Moon posted to House of Dumb blog in October; this was nominated by North Northwester.
2. The second nomination is from Rab C. Nesbitt who nominated himself because he says no one else would. Entitled Grow A Set, England it was posted to Rab's own RantinRab blog in July.
3. The third nomination is from Bugger who also self-nominated, but is a piece posted to everybodys favourite Dundee Wifey's blog and is entitled A Message From B Panda published in December. B Panda did try to nominate more pieces, but I asked for one piece per nominee and this was the first listed.
4. Is my own nomination from one of my favourite blogs called Brits at their best. It was written by David and Cat and posted in February; here is The Difference Between England and Europe.
5. And finally, as nominated by Corrugated Soundbite is a piece entitled Unleash Hell and was authored and posted by Captain Ranty on Ranty's blog.
There was one more nomination from John for a piece by Leg Iron, but as he subsequently acknowledged it is a post from 2010, and perhaps acts as the first nomination for any similar activity next year.
So, if you would like to take part, Click here to vote. Feel free to elaborate on your choice or lend your support in the comments of this post. The voting is simple, one vote for your favourite (not a points or ranking system). The survey will close lunchtime on Saturday 16th January which gives everyone who wishes to take part a week to do so.